A delicious smooth rich and creamy frosting with many applications. Cupcakes, cinnamon and orange rolls, sugar cookies, pumpkin cookies, and cakes.
Especially delicious spread on a warm cinnamon roll and allowed to melt into all the crevices. Then eaten warm.
This does not work great for decorating in a bag because it is too soft. Use traditional decorating frosting.
- 1 pound of powdered sugar
- 1 cube of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk if needed
- In mixer combine butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add vanilla,
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time blending well between cups. Add until desired thickness is obtained.
- If it gets too thick then add a table spoon of milk.
- For decorating: The texture should be thick and hold its shape but not so thick you can’t pipe it from a cake decorator bag.