Is there any snack better than quesadilla, it is unlikely. Melted cheese and tortillas can feed one or 10 with ease. We always have these when we get home from church on Sunday, when we are all starving. It is quick to prepare and easy to clean up. Serve with some salsa and sour cream for dipping. Make extra to have for lunches or snacks later.
Using left over chicken or canned. Shred the meat and mix with 1 tsp Mrs Dash garlic and herb season and Mr Dash tomato and basil seasoning.
Prepare ingredients. Place one tortilla on hot grill. Once warm flip over.
Sprinkle tortilla with cheese, chicken meat, onions and chile verde sauce. Let cheese melt a bit. Place second tortilla on top. Press down a bit then flip over and let cook until cheese is melted throughout.
Top with more Chile Verde and let your taste buds do the happy dance.
I have used a quesadilla cooker to make these and they turn out great since both top and bottom are cooked at the same time.
- 2 c left over chicken shredded
- 1 teaspoon Mrs Dash garlic herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Mrs Dash tomato and basil seasoning
- ½ cup diced onions
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 10 inch flour tortillas
- In a bowl combine chicken and seasonings stir to combine.
- Place one tortilla on hot griddle, warm a few minutes then turn over,
- Sprinkle tortilla with cheese, chicken meat, onions and chile verde sauce.
- Let cheese melt a bit. Place second tortilla on top.
- Press down a bit then flip over and let cook until cheese is melted throughout.
- Remove from grill and cut in 8 triangles.
- Serve with warmed chile verde