These are so fresh and delicious. The tangy lime and chicken are a perfect combination, topping with mango salsa as just the right amount of sweetness. Squeeze a fresh lime on these and they are heavenly.
Fresh tangy low fat tacos
Recipe type: Tacos
- 1 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 lime (3 limes total)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 10 cilantro sprigs with stems removed and chopped
- 4-5 fresh oregano leaves sliced in thin pieces
- 10 corn tortillas
- Chopped lettuce
- Grated monterrey jack cheese
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 limes cut in 8 wedges
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cut chicken in small bite size pieces, saute in a large saucepan over medium high heat for about 15 minutes, add garlic and onions stir until onions are clear. Mix in lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, cilantro and oregano. Do not overcook.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat. Place a tortilla on the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, onion, cheese and salsa. Squeeze fresh lime juice over all. Can be served with fresh cilantro.