- White Chicken Lasagna
- 9-12 lasagna noodles
- ½ cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups half and half
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil leafs chopped fine
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped fine
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk, and simmer, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, add chicken. Remove from heat, stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Season with the basil, oregano, and black pepper. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Spread ¼ of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer 1: three noodles, the ricotta, and the chicken. Layer and three: three noodles over the chicken, and layer with ¼ of the sauce mixture, spinach, and 1 cups mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Top layer: cover with any remaining sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes, remove cover and cook 15 minutes more 350º preheated oven.