Pot pie is a family favorite in any family. Hot chicken with seasoned gravy topped with pie crust always a crowd pleaser. And oohh so easy to make and inexpensive.
Cook vegetable in microwave for 5 minutes
Prepare pie shell Pie Crust. If using a double crust line bottom of pan.
In pan combine chicken, soup, gravy and vegetables, stir to combine. Cover with top crust. Poke several holes with a sharp knife to vent steam
Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour until top is golden brown and sauce is bubbly hot.
Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken gravy
- 1 small frozen package of mixed vegetable without lima beans
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pie double shell
- Cook frozen vegetables 5 minutes in microwave.
- Place bottom pie shell in pie pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour into pie shell.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover with remaining crust, pinch edges, poke vent holes with sharp knife.
- Bake 350º for 60 min. Put on bottom rack in oven to assure bottom crust gets cooked. Cover edges of pie with tin foil to prevent burning.
- I save all the small tidbits when I serve vegetable and keep them in the freezer until I make this.