This is a favorite for a family gatherings. I also make if for dinner then eat it for lunch the next few days. There are several versions of this. I like it this way best.
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 packages of oriental flavor ramen noodle soup
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup toasted almond slivered or sliced
- 1 head cabbage, sliced
- ½ olive oil
- ½ rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 seasoning packets from noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 drops sesame oil
- Salt to taste after tossing
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In small bowl combine dressing ingredients, whisk until well blended, set aside while preparing the rest of ingredients
- In bowl combine chicken, green onions, sesame seeds, almonds and cabbage. Toss, pour dressing overall, toss to evenly coat. Add ramen noodles broken in to bite size clumps. I do not like them too fine or they get soggy too fast. Re-toss and serve. If you like it extra crunchy serve immediately if you like it softer wait 15-30 min.
- As you noticed I have a few more additions than most people, it really adds that extra flavor to set yours apart from everyone else at the pot luck dinner. The season packets really gives this the oriental flavor.