4 pounds lean boneless pork roast, or boneless ribs. Trim fat.
1 package Char Chu Chinese Barbeque mix from Asian store
½ cup sugar
4 tablespoons premium soy sauce
- Sprinkle dry powder on meat all sides. Place in Crock pot Marinate overnight.
- Pour 1-2 cups water into pot do not completely cover meat we do not want to boil it, add sugar and soy sauce.
- Simmer on low 6 hours. Checking water level occasionally to prevent drying out. I does need to reduce to a few inches by end of cooking. So don’t add more unless level gets too low.
- Remove meat from pot, slice across grain in thin slices. Put in serving bowl pour remaining sauce over meat Should be about 1 cup. Do not stir. Meat will be purple on edges and pink inside.
- Serve with fried rice. Makes excellent sandwich on hard roll.
This dish with Fried Rice is my oldest sons favorite dish.